SHALOM WORLD is a Catholic, commercial-free, 24/7, HD family entertainment channel. www.shalomworld.org/about
As Development Officer, you will be responsible for introducing and increasing the visibility of Shalom Ministries in your region. Development Officer should be a committed and dynamic missionary at heart with a wholesome understanding of Shalom Media's vision and mission.
- Devise and implement strategies to maintain and increase the visibility of the ministry. Build a support base for the ministry in your region.
- Increase the visibility of Shalom World television programs.
- Increase Shalom Tidings Magazine subscribers in your region.
- Increase the number of Shalom Peace Fellowship members who support the ministry financially on a regular basis.
- Organize events/conferences for the subscribers of Shalom Tidings, viewers of Shalom World, Media Missionaries, and SPF members. Present the ministry to the participants.
- Represent Shalom ministries in designated meetings with bishops, parish priest and other ministry leaders.
- Identify parish media missionaries in each parish to act as the point person for the ministry.
- Coordinate the parish media missionary activities and mentor them to be good ambassadors of the ministry.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Commitment to the mission of Shalom Media
- Result-oriented and independent self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team Work
- Event Planning
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Communication skills
Shalom Media is a nonprofit global media ministry with a mission to share the peace of Christ through all modern means of mass communication to the ends of the world. All the contents produced for its print publications and digital broadcasting are based on the teachings of the Catholic Church. In order to produce such contents, knowledge of the Church teachings is required, and therefore it may make employment decisions based on the applicant’s religion and adherence to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $62,400.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Events management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote, must reside in San Antonio, TX